Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 57 - Taxol treatment #1

Mom and Dad drove to Hamilton first thing this morning for her 1st Taxol treatment. She told me that during the drive she could feel the prayers of many and experienced such an "overwhelming sense of peace and joy".

Mom was given some medication and then had to wait 45min before they could begin the Taxol treatment. Those meds were to help prevent an allergic reaction. When they began chemo, the nurses gave Mom the call button in case she began to experience ANY reactions. Shortly after they started, the hospital chaplain walked through the area. Dad spoke to her, so she came over and began chatting with them. Dad had to leave to move the van, so the chaplain stayed to keep Mom company while he was gone. After she left, Mom realized that the time had passed for the possibility of a reaction and she had experienced none!! The Benadryl made Mom sleepy so she napped off and on while she continued receiving Taxol. The entire procedure from start to finish took about 5 hours. Once she was finished chemo, she had enough strength to walk to the van but then couldn't wait to have a nap when she got home!

Tonight Mom is doing well - physically, emotionally and spiritually. She continues to walk this journey step by step knowing that her loving Heavenly Father protects her in the palm of His hand and thankful for the "family" that daily hold her up in prayer. Once again - thank you to so many of you for your many prayers. Never underestimate how powerful they are...we can feel them!!

We are continuing to believe for complete healing in Mom's body. In the meantime, God continues to show us His love and faithfulness and is teaching us in the midst of the storm. Even when we don't understand His ways or at times question His purposes, He never leaves us and always carries us through - day to day to day...

So in the words of Mikaela while praying tonite...
"Thank you God for grandma...and that she knows you...and we know she loves you. Make her feel better - take away the cancer and her chemo and all the bad stuff in her. Help her hair grow back and heal her so she can be normal again."

AMEN, AMEN and AMEN!!!

Andrea

4 comments:

Matt Vaandering said...

I'm glad that the first treatment went well and I'll pray that the next three are the same:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. I woke up this morning and was doing my devotions. And I came across this verse and thought of you. It said.....Daughter your faith has made you well, go in peace,
And be Healed of your disease.
Mark 5:34
I am believing with you for this healing and I know your faith is great. I hope this is comforting to you. I love ya. xoxox

Eva said...

Joy I am glad that your first treatment went over good and you had everyone praying for you I know that God answers Prayers and I keep praying that he keeps answering ours and that all your cancer is healed and you recover from this My prayers are with you Joy Love Eva

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,
It was so great to see you and your family at Christams time. When I talk about you to my friends who ask how you are doing, I always tell them: 'Joy always lives up to her name, she is always joyful, never complaining or grumbling'. You are a real blessing!!
Love Tina