Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 58 - 70

A QUICK OVERVIEW OF THE PAST 13 DAYS

The days since my first taxol injection have been interesting and unpredictable to say the least. Here are some of the "highlights":
  • I developed a rosy flush on my face and neck. A couple of days on Benadryl (which meant a couple of days of sleeping) did the trick.
  • One day was quite uncomfortable with lower back and hip pain
  • After a couple of days of just not feeling well - nothing specific - my temperature rose quite high. The doctor prescribed an antibiotic.
  • Heart palpitations and a pulse rate of 120 that lasted over 2 hours lead to a day in Brantford General ER. A number of tests were done but no conclusions made.
  • Another spike in temperature while still on antibotics ended me back up in ER. Still no conclusions.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 29

I have just returned from my check-up at the Juravinski Cancer Centre. Dr. Tozer believes that the temperature issue is caused from what is going on in the digestive tract lining. It is my understanding that these cells, like the hair, are fast growing and are therefore affected by chemo. What is happening won't respond to antibiotics but will correct itself. No more antibiotics. YAY! Another set of bloodwork was ordered. My poor little arms have quite an array of needle pricks. Thankfully, I have good veins. The doctor is ordering a Holter Monitor to check out the heart activity.

On the whole, with the exception of times of fatigue and a few temperature spikes, I am feeling quite well.

I have great appreciation for Dr. Tozer and all of the staff at the cancer centre. They are very thorough. How much more I want to express my gratefulness to a wonderful God. He is watching over me 24/7. I have been meditating recently on these principles. God is good. God's plans are for good. Therefore, I KNOW these days are producing GOOD that will bring glory to Him!

Blessings to each of you. I can't begin to express how it feels to belong to such an amazing, though vast and varied, family.

5 comments:

Matt Vaandering said...

im glad that everything is more clear now. I'll keep praying that the cancer goes away

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy . I just wanted to let you know I am go glad that everything is ok with you now. We are still praying with you and believing that God will bring a complette healing to your body. We love you. hugs. Chris, Rose and the girls.xoxo

Eva said...

hi Joy glad to hear you are doing well and hopefully things keep going that way and the fever stays away and you beat this my prayers and thoughts are with you and Scott and the rest of the family Love Eva

Anonymous said...

Joy: Continually praying for you and the family. We'll be looking forward to another update soon.

Love Rachel & Bram

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your update.
It is interesting and informative.
Our prayers are with you.
We will be monitoring your progress
and appreciate it being made
available on the net.
We love and long to see you back in church as God enables.

Helen & Alan