Friday, February 29, 2008

Day 88 - 102

HOORAYYY !

Wednesday, Feb. 27, was my last chemo treatment. Andrea drove me to Hamilton and took a few pictures. The procedure passed uneventfully. I dozed off as usual and upon returning home, slept much of the rest of the day.

Thursday morning, I took advantage of a reasonable amount of energy to prepare things for supper and do a little minor cleaning. Typically my strength erodes as the day goes on and over the next few days.

There is a little evidence of some nerve damaged from the previous taxol treatment so I am praying that there will be no further side effects and that the current symptoms are temporary.

I am scheduled to see the surgeon next Wednesday, March 05. Dr. Gudelis, who will be my "follow-up" oncologist feels that the little bit of hardness left in my breast is probably scar tissue - dead cancer cells. Only pathology following surgery can confirm whether cancer sells still exist. Tentatively, surgery is scheduled for March 28. I will know more details after March 05. The Lord may intervene in the meantime!

Tedra and Jesse were down for the weekend. Jesse's niece, Kaylee, who was a flower girl with Mikaela, came as well. The girls had a great time together and were really good.

Sunday morning Tedra was able to start lunch for me and I was able to go with them to church. It certainly has been wonderful to experience more "good" days the past few weeks.

Over the last few days I have also had the opportunity to share with my family doctor, a salesperson and a nurse how the Lord has enabled me to keep focused on today - to live today unencumbered by the future. I can't describe the peace though. Only those who have experienced God's peace can possibly relate.

The wide range of support we have had in so many different ways has been SUCH a blesssing. It has certainly helped carry us through these long weeks.

Many have expressed that the blog has been encouraging to them. I hope you all realize that it is the Lord's strength in my weakness. So do be encouraged! His grace IS sufficient.

5 comments:

lyn said...

Rejoicing with you Joy in your last treatment! You've come a long way. I think of you many times throughout my days and continue to pray each time you come to mind. Thanks so much for the updates! :-)

Anonymous said...

We've all been praying for you here at the Cowherd house and are so happy to hear that you are doing so well and so...well...joyful!

Your relief that treatments are over, and your happiness sure shows in your latest posting! Thank you again for just being you.:)

God Bless,

Corinne<><

Eva said...

joy I am sure glad that you are done those treatments and just waiting surgery i am really glad for you and i am always thinking of you Please keep up the good thoughts and thank you so much for keeping everyone informed on how things are going for you it sure helps.
My prayers and thoughts are with you love Eva

Matt Vaandering said...

I'm glad to hear that Taxol is done! We'll continue to pray for you:)

Anonymous said...

Joy I am so happy for you that the treatments are over. I know that they were very hard on you. I think of you often and I continue to lift you up in prayer. God is great and he will continue to be with you and give you strength as you need it. Sarah and Hannah are still continuing to have the school pray for you. And we have also been lifting you up at church as well. We will continue to do this until God brings you to a complete healing. God is awsome and we believe he will do this. I love ya lots.
Rose xoxo