Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 103 - Day 110

Well, it's been 10 days since my final chemo treatment and my strength and energy are slowly beginning to increase.

Yesterday, was my final Neupogen injection. We celebrated with a late lunch at "My Thai". Scott also took me shopping for shoes and some cards. It didn't take long for me to start feeling a little wobbly. It's amazing how much we take for granted the strength to do simple, everyday tasks.

This past Wednesday was my appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Liaconis. Surgery is scheduled for March 28. The next three weeks are to give opportunity to somewhat recuperate from the chemo - blood counts to rise, body regain strength.

I have to admit I'm cautiously anticipating the next couple of weeks - no chemo, no dexamethasone (steroid), no needles, no appointments in Hamilton.

I'm hoping I will soon be able to eat the foods I have had to avoid while on chemo. Don't know how long it takes for food to taste normal, but at least I can tolerate most foods.

I am also looking forward to seeing people more often though I have to admit, as much as I love talking, conversation is energy-draining. One of those things we take for granted when we're well!

Again I find I have to keep my focus on today. I have already caught myself with unrealistic expectations for tomorrow.

No amusing stories to tell on myself (yet, anyway). My wig has stayed in place and, Diane, you'll be happy to know I haven't had any more fries (yet! :-))

Well, our journey continues. Thanks for travelling with me.

3 comments:

Valorosa said...

This is daunting ...
May you continue to be strong and courageous ...

Matt Vaandering said...

I'm glad to hear that you're more energetic lately:) we'll keep praying for you

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. I am so glad to hear you are feeling more energetic. We are continuing to pray for you. Love ya Rose xoxo