Tuesday, April 8, 2008

DAY 141

Last Thursday, April 03, I began receiving radiation treatments. They are expected to continue every Monday to Friday for five weeks. Radiation is given in Hamilton at the Juravinski Centre. Yesterday I had a new driver. My brother, Keith and his wife, Shirley, took me down - a nice break for Scott. Thanks Shirley and Keith.

Positioning me for radiation takes about 10 minutes. They are very precise. A little tug of the sheet here, then there, etc. until everything is perfectly lined up. Then I must not move for the next 15 minutes or so or they will have to start all over again. No side effects are expected until after the first week.

This weekend I received a prayer quilt from Bethel Reformed Church. The ladies knit or crochet squares that are joined together. Pieces of yarn and ribbon are tied on to the quilt. Each knot represents a prayer made on my behalf. As others come and pray, I have them tie a knot as well. Imagine if I could have each of you who are praying for me come and tie a knot! What a wonderful reminder of the love that makes us all one and the privilege we have of supporting each other in prayer.

Please pray for our granddaughter, Mikaela, as well. She has been battling a fever for over two weeks. She was admitted to hospital last Thursday and Friday in order that numerous tests could be done. The results confirmed what is NOT wrong but were inconclusive as to the cause of the fever spikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we'll be praying that the radiation accomplishes what you are hoping for

Eva said...

Hi Joy I will be Praying for you and Mikaela, that god is with both you through this time and that you both feel better real soon and that god is with you through the radiation treatments that everything goes well my thoughts and prayers are with you and Scott and the family Love Eva