Friday, April 25, 2008

DAY 158

I have now begun the fourth week of radiation. Eight more trips for treatments. Radiation is definitely easier to take than chemo was. The main side effect so far is tiredness but that seems pretty normal :-) and a little bit of tenderness. I have been having trouble with back pain. It may be from lying on my back on a hard surface for the treatments. They are planning to do some x-rays to check it out. (Just what I need - more radiation. They have assured me I won't begin to glow in the dark. :-) )

It amazes me how faithful and good you are to continue to check out how I am doing, to continue to pray for me and to encourage me through gifts, cards and words. Treatments began 22 weeks ago. We didn't know how the journey would go then . . . nor do we now, but God is true to His word and I am grateful for His strength and many other benefits each day.


Psalm 103
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
2 Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You won't glow in the dark? What fun is that? :-) Yes, I had to say it!

Anyway, so glad that you are doing well, considering the circumstances. You are truly a light for Christ for all of us. And you don't need to glow in the dark for that to show!

May the Lord continue to keep you strong though out your journey.

Corinne

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. Just wanted to touch base and let you know I love ya. I know I have told you before but can't tell you enough. :)

Sarah and Hannah think it would be cool to glow in the dark. Sarah says you would never get lost. lol

I also wanted to tell you that it was great seeing you the other night. You looked good. It was also so nice to see that smile and the light of god that shines through you.
Isn't it amazing how God can bring us through anything.

We continue to lift you up in prayer and think of you and scott always. Love ya's.
Rose