Friday, May 2, 2008

DAY 165 - THANK YOU!!

We had a great time last Saturday evening. It was wonderful to see so many, both longtime friends and those we have met recently. We enjoyed a delicious prime rib dinner and then more people joined us for a musical concert followed by a dessert buffet. Unfortunately we were not able to speak with everyone but appreciated everyone who was able to be there.

The concert began with a sing-along of well known love songs led by Paul at the piano. Special numbers were performed by Paul, Mary, Fran, Tim and Ellie. Paul, Johnny, Joel and Steve formed a live band. Tedra wrote and performed a very special song for us. Scott surprised me when he also sang. There were a few wet eyes when he sang a love song to me -"You Light Up My Life".

We are very appreciative of everyone who has been so supportive. A special thank you to those who planned and organized such a beautiful evening and to those who were able to attend.

On another note - radiation treatments are nearly over - only three more next week. My skin has done very well. It has only recently had the "sun burn" affect. Also, concerning the back pain - Wednesday, I had a bone scan and x-rays. Bone scan results will not be in until next week, but x-rays indicate that the back pain is due to disc degeneration NOT from cancer.

I am so blessed...I have wonderful family and friends and a wonderful wonderful Lord.


3 comments:

Eva said...

hi joy I am glad to hear that i really had a good time at the concert
please let us know if you need anything you looked good when i saw you and so did Scott sorry i did not talk long but you did look real tired when I saw you but you did look good glad to hear the good news and my prayers and thoughts go out to you and Scott please let us know if we can do anything even just be there to talk as you guys have done so much for us. Love Eva

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy. Just a quick note to say Praise God. I have been praying for you. And I was so hapy to hear it was not cancer that was affecting your back. God is awsome. We are continuing to pray that god will give you strength andthat he will continue to be with you. I love ya.
Rose.

Nikki said...

Hi Joy
You probably don't know anyone from our congregation (although I believe your husband may know our Pastor, Peter Cuke) but I wanted to let you know that we as a church family are praying for your full recovery.
May God keep you in His perfect peace.