Friday, May 30, 2008

Today's news...

Since the last update, we had the opportunity to have a week's vacation in Florida. We took in a few revival services in Lakeland, FL and spent lots of time relaxing. It was a great time of refreshing. While on vacation, we had computer problems and have been unable to keep the blog up to date.

Upon returning, the MRI and Cat scan appointments had been set and were completed earlier this week. This was done to verify whether or not the cancer had spread.

We went to see the oncologist (Dr. Tozer) today. He informed us that the cancer has spread to the bone, but nowhere else. It has been detected in my back and hip. He has recommended an oral chemo and "bone builder" drugs. These are to help prolong and enhance quality of life as the bone cancer is incurable. Surgery is no longer an option...

HOWEVER, man is not the one in control of my life, God is! I believe with all my heart that He has wonderful things yet to accomplish. He is not finished with me yet. I am not leaving here until I have fulfilled and experienced every plan and purpose He has for me.

14 comments:

Matt Vaandering said...

it is time for a miracle. I'll keep praying:)

Anonymous said...

God is on the throne, and totally in control....
we continue to pray
love to you all
Ingrid and Joe a family

Anonymous said...

All of of are praying for you and praying for a miracle. God is in control no matter what! God Bless you and your family.

Also, so glad you got a chance to go to Lakeland! It's a beautiful city and I heard the services that you went to were exciting!

Again, P.U.S.H.!

Corinne:-)

Thelma Reeve said...

It is so exciting to know that you will soon be the recipient of a wonderful miracle of God. You are so blessed to have the love and care of your Lord and Savior as well as your devoted family and friends. You can count Ted and I in that lineup of friends, and we are blessed to know you.
Love and prayers,
Ted & Thelma

Anonymous said...

Hi there Joy. I am glad that you's had a nice time in Florida. I continue to pray for you. I know that God is in control of every situation and he holds all the keys. He knows the plans he has for you. I love you.
Love ya lots,
Rose.xoxo

Anonymous said...

One day at a time.... "But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head." Ps. 3:3
We love you, Joy and Scott, but He loves you SO much more!
Cameron & Rhonda

Anonymous said...

standing firm along with you,
believing that God is faithful
we love you bacons
roxy and james

Anonymous said...

We're still praying Joy.

Rachel and Bram

Valorosa said...

"I am not leaving here until I have fulfilled and experienced every plan and purpose He has for me."

;-)

Amen

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy and Pastor Scott, you have both been an inspiration to us. Half of the Battle is our attitude and Joy by reading your blog you have a Victorious Attitude and through these trials your Faith has soared. Our Prayers are with you and your family and Joy you definitly have a Testimony To Be Told. From A Heart of Compassion

Anonymous said...

Dear Scott and Joy ,

God's miraculous healings ALWAYS seem to come when we least expect them . One day brings us to the
" brink " and amazingly the next day ...the " sun " ( real hope ! ) is shining brightly .
Trust in the LORD with ALL your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding ...

Anonymous said...

Your life and story is an inspiration to so many of us - with your faith and resilliance. God is glorified by your blog. I send you a huge hug.
John Kemp

Valorosa said...

How are you Joy?

Anonymous said...

Joy my prayers and thoughts are still with you I know that if this is going to be beat it is god who will do this so my prayers and thoughts are going up to god that there will be a miracle for you as you are such a great lady and we all love you and Scott