Thursday, July 17, 2008

Transfusion day

Today mom's day started earlier than usual. She had to be to the hospital at 8:30am for her blood transfusion. She woke up this morning feeling the best she has in a long time. She even commented to my dad "if only I could wake up feeling this way every morning! ..."

I joined mom at the hospital around noon and stayed with her until the transfusion was complete. The nurses told her that she would most likely notice a difference over the next few days. She should become less tired and will regain some strength. Already by the time I saw her, some colour was beginning to return to her face and cheeks. The blood transfusion lasted until just after 1:00pm and went as expected. Thank you for your prayers! The day went well and mom went home for a well deserved nap.

Tonight, Mikaela and I stopped by to check in on mom. She had finished her nap and was feeling pretty good. After supper [By the way - thank you to the countless number of people who have brought meals to mom & dad over the last number of months! It has been such a blessing to them!], she felt well enough to go with us for a visit to see my grandfather at the nursing home. Trips outside the house have been few in recent weeks (other than hospital/doctor appointments) so she welcomed the chance to get out while the getting was good. The visit to see my grandfather was short, but enjoyable for both him and my mom.

Tomorrow (Friday), mom has another appointment at Juravinski to follow up with her oncologist. Then she'll have the weekend to relax and recover from a couple of busy days.

One last thing....
Thank you for the many encouraging words, prayers and various ways so many of you have supported mom and the rest of our family during this trying time. God continues to be so faithful and strengthens us day to day. We continue to hold on to His promises for life, healing, strength, peace, comfort and EVERYTHING we ever need we can find in His name!

9 comments:

Cori-Beth said...

Thank you so much, Andrea for keeping us updated on your mum. She is one brave lady and so are you and your family! You and your family are at the forefront of our prayers and we continue to pray for encouragement and strength for all of you, both spiritually and physically.

God Bless, Corinne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us updated. I check the blog almost everyday:)

Rachel

Motivação Torres said...

Hey, this is Marcello Torres from Brazil...I just got to know that Joy has a blog...That's nice to know although you(andrea) is taking care of it for now.
I want you guys to know that I love you all in spite of the distance and that my churhc and I are in this fight with you.
huuuuuuuge and tight Brazilian hugs.
Love you
God bless
Mahhhcello Torres... I've got a blog too...BUT it's in Portuguese so maybe you guys would have a really hard time to understand the message...haha...but it's worth it.
hugs

Anonymous said...

I pray for you and wish I could do more,
But more I cannot do from far away.
Like leaves before the wind we cannot stay,
Ripped dancing, dancing to the forest floor.
I wish I could your ailing health restore
And bring you to the strength of yesterday,
Your bro Chuck

But all we mortal souls can do is pray
That God might alter what we have in store.
The beauty in our fragile life is love,
The only thing that makes the moment matter,
The golden thread that binds us all in light.
I wish, I wish I could your pain remove,
But like a wall the truth my will must shatter,
And so I send my prayers into the night.

Anonymous said...

hmmm placed name in the wrong spot but I'm sure you know thats already..
Again Just Me (Clutzoid)

Anonymous said...

Andrea thank you for keeping us up to date on Joy we are alway praying for her that god does give her a merical and heal her from all her pain i wish i could do something to help her but all i can do is be there but i will alway be here if you need to talk or anything Love Eva

Anonymous said...

Andrea...Thankyou so much for keeping us updated on your mom's health and needs. There is not a moment that goes by that I think of you guys and pray for you all. I may not be close by but I am only a call away. If you need anything please do now hessitate to let me know. I love ya's
Rose.

Valorosa said...

What a beautiful poem by the bro.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update Andrea. Doug and I continue to keep your Mom and Dad (and you kids) in our prayers and are always on standby by for any 911's from your Dad.

I don't know what His purpose is but I do know that His love for us is greater than anything in or of this world. He is an amazing God!!!!!!!!
Bless ya's! Fran