Wednesday, July 23, 2008

When the storm rages on...

The appointment with the oncologist went well on Friday. Since mom will not be receiving any more chemo, she will no longer be seeing the oncologist and instead will continue to see the doctor from the pain management team at Juravinski.

Mom struggled with a lot of pain this past weekend. Her pain meds were increased again and we were finally able to get it somewhat under control for a few days.

Today however, she has experienced an increase in pain...again.
The pain is now radiating into her left hip and today she is finding it unbearable. It is getting difficult for her to move around the house. She is weak and is having to rely on us more for assistance.

This summer we have had our fair share of rain and some friends have even had exciting storm experiences. Storms are often dark, noisy, blinding, frightening and sometimes even violent and messy. But, with the storm comes the rain. It's interesting to watch as a dry and barren earth can respond to just a brief moment of refreshing rain.

Amidst the storms we encounter in life, God wants us to experience His rain. We can find provision in the rain, peace in the rain, strength in the rain, healing in the rain...we can find EVERYTHING we need in the rain. God, rain on us today!!!

We're watching for rain mom...

3 comments:

Cori-Beth said...

We all pray for a rain storm like nothing else! He certainly can heal us both physically and spiritually with His rain no matter what we are going through. As we all know when our physical body is going through something, it does affect us spiritually as well, and vise versa.

That being said, I wrote this a while ago and thought that it would be appropriate for your mom right now and I hope it encourages her. It's called Crimson Rain:

In the distance
I can hear You
rolling in
the approaching rain.
Flood my life now,
I can feel You
rolling in
the approaching rain.

In the distance
I can see You
rolling in
the approaching rain.
Flood my life now
with Your power-
pour on me
the approaching rain.

Rain on me.
Wash me clean.
Make me pure.
Open wide the flood gates of Your love.

Rain on me.
Overwhelm me.
Drown me.
Fill me.
Consume me
with Your
Crimson Rain.

Again, I hope and pray that this encourages her and that God will uplift her and pour on her His healing Crimson Rain!

God Bless all of you,

Corinne

Anonymous said...

Amen Andrea. Continuing to pray....

Rachel & Bram

Anonymous said...

Words seem so futile yet I couldn't read your blog, Andrea, without responding. We met up with your Mom and Dad a few weeks ago and in talking with them, we came away feeling inspired. They are an amazing couple! We are praying continuously for your Mom and all of you! The name of the Lord is a strong tower...the RIGHTEOUS run to it and they are saved!!!! Blessed be the name of the Lord. Steve and Bev Marsdin