Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chemo #2 - Day 15 & 16

Wednesday Treatment #2 - Day 15

I began the day already tired. Scott took me to my Chemo appointment at 1:00pm. We didn't have too long a wait this time. Everything went smoothly. The nurse was surprised that my hair hadn't already begun to fall out!! hehe :-D

After we left the hospital, I felt well enough to make a stop at the mall to return a few things. After supper I began feeling yucky - my stomach began acting up again with a bit of indigestion and heartburn. I thought I might be in for a rough night but actually ended up sleeping quite well - thank you Jesus!


Thursday - Day 16

I woke up feeling a little light headed this morning. Surprisingly today has been a great day. I even forgot to take some anti-nausea medication this morning and still feel better than I did the first time. I've had a bit of redness and swelling in my face but nothing the doctors are concerned about. It will probably just disappear over time.

I'm just getting ready to eat supper now - I'm still enjoying food YEAH!!!

Thank you to everyone who has been praying that I would have few side effects - at this point I've basically had nothing to complain about, except for lack of energy (and I'm sucking that up for all it's worth!) I know God has been sparing me from so much. I am so unworthy, yet He remains so good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Joy; Yeah, God!!!! So glad to read the great news. How wonderful to 'share the load' with you in prayer and to rejoice in His goodness to you. Relax and enjoy others' energy. . .yours will return :-). Love you!!
Happy Heart

Matt Vaandering said...

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you so far. I'll continue to pray that God heals you from this entirely!

Anonymous said...

Joy - we love you and are continuing to pray for you and the family.

Rachel and Bram

Jen said...

You have such a great support system. A wonderful person like you deserves to have the least amount of side effects as possible. My thoughts are with you.

Jen Levesque