Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day 17 & 18

Friday

These days feel like someone has pulled the plug in the energy pool. I'm not very useful so I hope I'm decorative! Friday morning was a day off school for Mikaela, so she spent the morning with me. We played together for a little while, but it wasn't long until Grandma tired out. She is very understanding though and it is always a delight to have her around.


Saturday

A number of individual hairs have become " dearly departed". No clumps yet.

Sometimes, I have trouble thinking much. Luckily, Scott was inventive today. He made homemade broccoli soup with some noodles and a little chicken. Though my taste buds aren't 100%, it tasted very good. Thanks, Honey!

Andrea brought some things over for my very dry skin and put a couple of coats of polish on my nails to strengthen them. She also did a little shopping for me.

People continue to be such a blessing to us in so many different ways . . . words of encouragement, offers to help, just "being there", gifts from the heart and hand. Thank you so much for every blessing!

7 comments:

Eva said...

Joy I am glade you have Scott and the kids around to help you as you need all the rest you can get and I know they will do anything to help you with what you need as they love you I am glad to see you have some energy to still spend some time with the kids but don't over due yourself Please call me if you need anything I will do anything i can to help and please let me know when it is a good time to come see you as I don't just want to stop in as You do need your rest Thank you and God Bless Love Eva

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy,

Great pics of the girls and their "do's". Scott has been keeping me up to date on how things are going, including the fate of those dearly departed hairs.

I wanted to let you know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Let the strength of others fill the gap on those days when your strength eludes you, that's why He places us in each others lives.

Love ya,
Fran

Valorosa said...

Decorative LOL ... gotta love a woman who can keep her sense of humour through all this.

Anonymous said...

Hi there Joy,
I just wanted to touch base with you. I am so thankful that God is with you through this. I love that I can come on here and see what your needs are also. I was just heading into prayer meeting. I thought I would check here first. To see how things are going. I am thinking of you and Scott and everyone. I am also glad that you have a great man like Scott to be by your side. I am very proud of what he has become. And I am so glad that God brought you two together. You have been a great example for me growing up. I love ya. hugs to you and everyone. Rose xoxo

heidi said...

Good Day Joy I was thinking about you today and was praying that God will strength you this day, you have been such a blessing throughout your journey may God Bless you and Scott and the family today. If you need anything I am there for you all, Scott has been a great blessing to us when we needed him have a good rest and God Bless you love and prayers Heidi and Charlie...

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy; Blessings. I've just been reading your blog from the beginning until now. Please know that as the Apostle Paul said, "You are always in my prayers" I am sure The Father has already given you a life verse for this time in your life. Cling to it, as it is Him speaking directly to you. God's best always. Merry Christmas! Believe it or not this might be the most blessed Christmas you have ever had. I know it was for me. Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hey Joy, thought I would share some good news with you.
something that brought me joy!
I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!
now, thats something that you know about already, but it is all new for me.
Mathew and Sharon are expecting in June.
We continue to pray for you daily.
Ingrid