Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Day 13 & 14

Monday - Day 13

I decided to get a hair cut. The cancer clinic suggests cutting your hair short or even buzzing it before it begins to fall out. I'm told that it will begin right after my second chemo treatment (this Wed) but so far I have not noticed any hair loss. I've opted for a style shorter than I'm used to in the event that this is yet another side effect that I'm spared from :-)

I felt good today - a little tired after the weekend - but overall it was a good day.


Tuesday - Day 14

Today has been my highest energy day - the day before I begin the cycle all over again.

Scott and Andrea went with me to Juravinski in Hamilton. I went for blood work (to check my levels prior to chemo tomorrow) and to meet with my oncologist, Dr. Tozer, for the first time since having chemo. Dr. Tozer has staged my breast cancer as IIIb (on a scale of I - IV). He prescribed a new medication which he said should help keep my stomach pain/queasiness under control. He examined me again and confirmed what I already thought - the redness has decreased, the tumor is smaller and it is not as hard as 2 weeks ago. The chemo is working...but ultimately I'm relying on the Lord.

Tomorrow I will receive my 2nd chemo treatment. Please be praying with us that the side effects will remain minimal to none and that God will continue to strengthen me moment by moment. God is again affirming His goodness and faithfulness and proving Himself to be in control.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think of you almost every day.
praying for you and believing with you...
in God's great love,
roxymae (friend of andrea)

Anonymous said...

Hey there...I am so happy that the chemo is working. All I can say is thankyou Jesus. I pray for you everyday. And you are always on my mind....But today I am lifting you up to him to be with you through your chemo treatment. I Love you lots. Rose xoxo

lyn said...

Praying for strength for you during this next round Joy. (You can't go wrong having almighty God on your side AND a Doctor with the last name Tozer!) :-D

Elizabeth S said...

Hi Joy, I love your theme song and remember hearing it often in the store when we worked together :-). With 'Doctor God'- the One who formed and made you- on your side, you are in the BEST HANDS!!! Jack & I are trusting the Lord to daily minister HIS life, wholeness and health to you and to bring you through victoriously. So as each day comes, remember that you are your Heavenly Father's precious daughter,you are loved and cared for and we love you too! Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Joy, I'd love to do something special for you and wonder what might be a practical blessing for you and/or Scott. Could you let me know and I'll get going on it right away. :-)I'm changing my identity here on your blog to 'Happy Heart'. We're continuing to pray for you as each day's needs unfold. Keep singing with Chris Tomlin!
Elizabeth