Saturday, December 29, 2007

Day 31 - Day 39

Again, I apologize for a long gap in blogging. Chemo treatment #3 (Dec.19) resulted in several rough days, spent mostly on the sofa. It's hard as a wife and mother to know all the things that need to be done, especially at Christmas, and to be unable to contribute.

Tedra and Jesse came down Saturday afternoon (Dec. 22). We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with them on Sunday evening (Dec. 23) and enjoyed spending time together on Monday (Dec. 24). They headed home Christmas Eve.

Andrea assumed the position of Primary Chef and Hostess for 3 days of cooking. Everyone did what they could to help but she definitely carried the brunt of the load. She did an amazing job - thanks, Andrea, from all of us - REALLY!

Christmas Day, Scott and I spent a quiet morning together - a first for us. Andrea, Mikaela, Joel, Scott and I shared Christmas dinner (#2) with friends Paul and Brandon. Later, we played "The Price Is Right" (one of Scott's gifts) and ended the evening with Paul at the piano, leading us in a precious time of worship. How wonderful to draw near to the Prince of Peace.

As the week goes on, my strength is slowly increasing. Friday, Dec. 28, I returned to the Juravinski Clinic for a check-up. The cancer is continuing to shrink. Dr. Tozer has changed some medications to deal with the stomach pain I have experienced. He also sent me for lab work to check my hemoglobin. All is well.

I am very appreciative of the staff at Juravinski Clinic. They are a thorough, dedicated team. BUT my hope remains in the One who is able to do a complete healing, in a moment of time. He is my Great Expectation!

How do we express our gratitude for the overwhelming support that we have received - in ways great and small - but none insignificant. Thank you for sharing our journey and helping to carry our load. On some days, you may even be carrying it for me. Blessings to each of you!

2 comments:

Rose J said...

Hi Joy....I just wanted to wish you and everyone a Happy New Year. I did call and talk with Scott on Christmas day. He said you where doing not to bad and you where starting to feel better. That is was one of your good days. I was very hapy to hear that you where able to enjoy christmas and all. It sounds like you guys had a very nice day. I am so thankful to God for the healing that is starting to take place in you and for the healing and great things he is still about to do. I love ya Hugs. Rose.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joy and Scott. PTL for blessings for you . . . and your Dad's move to Brantford! We have an amazing God who does wonderful things and we are privileged to be HIS! Even though I've been away from this site, my heart has been with yours this Christmas season and I'm believing along with you that HE is in control and is ministering HIS LIFE to you, moment by moment. You both are so precious!!!
I'll bake some bread and get it to you once January gets back to a more normal pace. Much love, Jack & Elizabeth